Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This week in Social Media Law: The Title

As I think about it more I guess a little background to the title of this blog may be in order. 

Growing up a baseball addict in the age before the internet and ESPN's constant highlight shows (Harry Caray and Steve Stone were my constant companions after school throughout the 80s....those 3:05 start times at Wrigley before the lights were my favorite), I had one program that I couldn't miss on a weekly basis.  This Week in Baseball.  Mel Allen's distinctive voice brought tales of the American League and the rest of baseball that I rarely had an opportunity to follow, and generally provided a good overview of what had happend in my favorite sport the week before. 

That's what I hope to be able to provide for the world of Social Media Law in this blog.

No doubt, there will be developments that merit more timely posts, and sometimes I'll just feel like throwing something out there for discussion, but I hope that on a weekly basis, every Monday, I'll be able to provide a good overview of the week that was in Social Media Law. 

If there are areas of the law related to social media that you would like to see covered, topics that you find interesting, issues that you think could present problems to individuals, companies, or lawyers as they plod their way through what I think will be a very exciting area of the law over the coming years, or just something in Social Media that makes you say "How about that!"(Allen's signature call) please share...I'm happy to do the research and provide a place for the conversation to take place, I may not always agree with everything that's out there, but I'm interested in the conversation. 

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Craig-
    Great to see you've started a blog! I'm looking forward to reading your posts and expanding my meager knowledge of how law and social media intersect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! I'm sorry its taken me this long to respond. I somehow missed the comment until today. I hope you have enjoyed so far. Sorry I missed you at the event last week, hopefully we can catch up again soon.

    ReplyDelete